Argentina asst coach to inspect work at Salt Lake
Kolkata: A three-member team led by Argentina assistant coach Julian Camino will be in Kolkata to inspect the progress work at the Salt Lake Stadium that will host the international friendly between Argentina and Venezuela on September 2.
There will also be representation from the Venezuela and Nigeria federations and they will inspect the ground on August 19 before flying to Dhaka where Messi and Co will play another friendly against Nigeria, organisers of both the matches Celebrity Management Group said on Wednesday.
Camino who played for East Bengal way back in 1988 has some vivid knowledge about the city which will also help the delegation, CMG director Bhaswar Goswami said.
"He (Camino) knows about Kolkata... so Argentina Football Federation is sending him to oversee the arrangements in stadium, hotels and other areas here. From here, they will go to Dhaka to inspect the facilities there," Goswami said.
Camino was roped in by coach Alejandro Sabella, who replaced Sergio Batista after Argentina`s poor outing in the Copa America last month.
Goswami said the renovation work in Salt lake was in full swing for the match and they were confident to get a green signal.
"The progress work is very good at Salt Lake Stadium. From turf related work to renovation, the work is going in the right direction. We hope to get the stadium ready by August 25," Goswami said.
Messi and Co are scheduled to arrive in Kolkata on August 30.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal