Argentina defeats Albania 4-0 in friendly
Buenos Aires: Lionel Messi and Carlos Tevez both scored as Argentina defeated Albania 4-0 in a friendly in its last warm-up before the Copa America -- the continental championship.
Ezequiel Lavezzi and Sergio Aguero also added goals as Argentina played with most of its top stars, though coach Sergio Batista left three of his best forwards on the bench to start the match yesterday -- Tevez (Manchester City), Gonzalo Higuain (Real Madrid) and Aguero (Atletico Madrid).
Batista said he had not settled on his starting 11 for the opening Copa match against Bolivia. Of course, there is no doubt about Messi.
"It makes me feel good the way (Messi) played," Batista said. "I think he played a great game, controlling the ball like you would expect him to. He looked comfortable on the field. He had a great game, and I`m happy for him."
The question seems to be if Tevez will start, or will it be Angel Di Maria, who started against Albania but came off after the first half.
"We still haven`t decided," Batista said. "We have not made a decision and everyone knows they have to work hard to show themselves."
Albania, no match for Argentina at full strength, played with a weakened team that was missing several top players including Galatasaray midfielder Lorik Cana and forward Erjon Bogdani of Italy`s Cesena.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing