Argentina defeats Albania 4-0 in friendly
Buenos Aires: Lionel Messi and Carlos Tevez both scored as Argentina defeated Albania 4-0 in a friendly in its last warm-up before the Copa America -- the continental championship.
Ezequiel Lavezzi and Sergio Aguero also added goals as Argentina played with most of its top stars, though coach Sergio Batista left three of his best forwards on the bench to start the match yesterday -- Tevez (Manchester City), Gonzalo Higuain (Real Madrid) and Aguero (Atletico Madrid).
Batista said he had not settled on his starting 11 for the opening Copa match against Bolivia. Of course, there is no doubt about Messi.
"It makes me feel good the way (Messi) played," Batista said. "I think he played a great game, controlling the ball like you would expect him to. He looked comfortable on the field. He had a great game, and I`m happy for him."
The question seems to be if Tevez will start, or will it be Angel Di Maria, who started against Albania but came off after the first half.
"We still haven`t decided," Batista said. "We have not made a decision and everyone knows they have to work hard to show themselves."
Albania, no match for Argentina at full strength, played with a weakened team that was missing several top players including Galatasaray midfielder Lorik Cana and forward Erjon Bogdani of Italy`s Cesena.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part III
- Cuteness alert! Insanely adorable pictures of 'Ye Hai Mohabbatein' fame Ruhaanika Dhawan
- Mother Sofia Hayat displays her singing talent - Watch video
- Mercedes, GE among 'Make in India' investors
- 1st Test, Day 1: Steve Smith-led Australia in driver's seat after bowling out Sri Lanka for 117
- 'Kabali' Rajinikanth follows just one politician on Twitter; he is PM Narendra Modi