Argentina defeats Albania 4-0 in friendly
Buenos Aires: Lionel Messi and Carlos Tevez both scored as Argentina defeated Albania 4-0 in a friendly in its last warm-up before the Copa America -- the continental championship.
Ezequiel Lavezzi and Sergio Aguero also added goals as Argentina played with most of its top stars, though coach Sergio Batista left three of his best forwards on the bench to start the match yesterday -- Tevez (Manchester City), Gonzalo Higuain (Real Madrid) and Aguero (Atletico Madrid).
Batista said he had not settled on his starting 11 for the opening Copa match against Bolivia. Of course, there is no doubt about Messi.
"It makes me feel good the way (Messi) played," Batista said. "I think he played a great game, controlling the ball like you would expect him to. He looked comfortable on the field. He had a great game, and I`m happy for him."
The question seems to be if Tevez will start, or will it be Angel Di Maria, who started against Albania but came off after the first half.
"We still haven`t decided," Batista said. "We have not made a decision and everyone knows they have to work hard to show themselves."
Albania, no match for Argentina at full strength, played with a weakened team that was missing several top players including Galatasaray midfielder Lorik Cana and forward Erjon Bogdani of Italy`s Cesena.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- PM Modi's Buddha mantra for peace at Global Hindu Buddhist Conclave
- Govt extended last date for e-filing of I-T return to Sept 7
- DNA: Bharat Bandh hits normal life; Bengal, Kerala among most affected
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda