Argentina defeats Albania 4-0 in friendly
Buenos Aires: Lionel Messi and Carlos Tevez both scored as Argentina defeated Albania 4-0 in a friendly in its last warm-up before the Copa America -- the continental championship.
Ezequiel Lavezzi and Sergio Aguero also added goals as Argentina played with most of its top stars, though coach Sergio Batista left three of his best forwards on the bench to start the match yesterday -- Tevez (Manchester City), Gonzalo Higuain (Real Madrid) and Aguero (Atletico Madrid).
Batista said he had not settled on his starting 11 for the opening Copa match against Bolivia. Of course, there is no doubt about Messi.
"It makes me feel good the way (Messi) played," Batista said. "I think he played a great game, controlling the ball like you would expect him to. He looked comfortable on the field. He had a great game, and I`m happy for him."
The question seems to be if Tevez will start, or will it be Angel Di Maria, who started against Albania but came off after the first half.
"We still haven`t decided," Batista said. "We have not made a decision and everyone knows they have to work hard to show themselves."
Albania, no match for Argentina at full strength, played with a weakened team that was missing several top players including Galatasaray midfielder Lorik Cana and forward Erjon Bogdani of Italy`s Cesena.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH