Argentine boy dies after gunmen shoot at busload of fans
Buenos Aires: A 14-year-old soccer fan died after being shot along with two men when their bus was attacked on the way back to Rosario from a match in Buenos Aires, local media reported.
The boy was hit in the head by three bullets in the attack in the early hours of the morning on the motorway linking the capital with Rosario, Argentina`s second city, a Rosario police inspector told local radio.
A man of 28 and another of 42 were also hit but were out of danger. They were part of a coachload of fans returning from their team`s first division match against Huracan in the Buenos Aires district of Parque Patricios on Wednesday night.
Media reported the attack might have been by a rival group of fans of the same team, an increasingly common occurrence in Argentine football as hardcore supporters` groups called "barras bravas" fight turf wars.
They also reported that witnesses said the weapons used were machine guns. Police were still searching for suspects.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Delhi government bans Chinese firecrackers for this Diwali