Argentine boy dies after gunmen shoot at busload of fans
Buenos Aires: A 14-year-old soccer fan died after being shot along with two men when their bus was attacked on the way back to Rosario from a match in Buenos Aires, local media reported.
The boy was hit in the head by three bullets in the attack in the early hours of the morning on the motorway linking the capital with Rosario, Argentina`s second city, a Rosario police inspector told local radio.
A man of 28 and another of 42 were also hit but were out of danger. They were part of a coachload of fans returning from their team`s first division match against Huracan in the Buenos Aires district of Parque Patricios on Wednesday night.
Media reported the attack might have been by a rival group of fans of the same team, an increasingly common occurrence in Argentine football as hardcore supporters` groups called "barras bravas" fight turf wars.
They also reported that witnesses said the weapons used were machine guns. Police were still searching for suspects.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves