Arsenal agree to sign Costa Rica striker Campbell
London: Arsenal have agreed to sign Costa Rica`s teenage striker Joel Campbell from Deportivo Saprissa.
"Joel Campbell has already shown he is a player with great ability," manager Arsene Wenger told the London club`s website on Friday. "We look forward to the formalities of the transfer being completed."
The 19-year-old has made six full international appearances, scoring twice. He grabbed two goals on his debut in a 5-0 win over Cuba at this year`s CONCACAF Gold Cup.
Deportivo have won the Costa Rican Premier League a record 29 times.
Arsenal begin their Premier League season away to Newcastle United on Saturday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users