Arsenal agree to sign Costa Rica striker Campbell
London: Arsenal have agreed to sign Costa Rica`s teenage striker Joel Campbell from Deportivo Saprissa.
"Joel Campbell has already shown he is a player with great ability," manager Arsene Wenger told the London club`s website on Friday. "We look forward to the formalities of the transfer being completed."
The 19-year-old has made six full international appearances, scoring twice. He grabbed two goals on his debut in a 5-0 win over Cuba at this year`s CONCACAF Gold Cup.
Deportivo have won the Costa Rican Premier League a record 29 times.
Arsenal begin their Premier League season away to Newcastle United on Saturday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi