Arsenal eye Costa Rica striker Campbell: Report
London: Premier League giants Arsenal are keen on signing promising 19-year-old Costa Rica striker Joel Campbell, local media reported on Friday.
The daily Al Dia said that the London club`s scout for the Concacaf region, Richard Law, had arrived in the Central American country accompanied by the agent Joaquim Batica, supposedly with the aim of sealing a deal for Campbell, who plays for Deportivo Saprissa in San Jose.
"Once we have spoken with Saprissa, we will be able to give more information," Batica was quoted as saying.
Campbell started all three of a young Costa Rican side`s games at the Copa America, and scored in their 2-0 win over Bolivia.
The player, who will play for his country in the World under-20 Championship in Colombia later this month, has not played in 75 percent of Costa Rica`s matches in the last two years, and would therefore not qualify for a work permit to play in England.
However, Batica said that Arsenal may apply to the FA for special permission in order allow a deal to go through.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India