Arsenal eye Costa Rica striker Campbell: Report
London: Premier League giants Arsenal are keen on signing promising 19-year-old Costa Rica striker Joel Campbell, local media reported on Friday.
The daily Al Dia said that the London club`s scout for the Concacaf region, Richard Law, had arrived in the Central American country accompanied by the agent Joaquim Batica, supposedly with the aim of sealing a deal for Campbell, who plays for Deportivo Saprissa in San Jose.
"Once we have spoken with Saprissa, we will be able to give more information," Batica was quoted as saying.
Campbell started all three of a young Costa Rican side`s games at the Copa America, and scored in their 2-0 win over Bolivia.
The player, who will play for his country in the World under-20 Championship in Colombia later this month, has not played in 75 percent of Costa Rica`s matches in the last two years, and would therefore not qualify for a work permit to play in England.
However, Batica said that Arsenal may apply to the FA for special permission in order allow a deal to go through.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Modi govt 'promoting Brahmanism' in the name of 'Hindu Rashtravad': Arundhati Roy
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram