Arsenal eye Costa Rica striker Campbell: Report
London: Premier League giants Arsenal are keen on signing promising 19-year-old Costa Rica striker Joel Campbell, local media reported on Friday.
The daily Al Dia said that the London club`s scout for the Concacaf region, Richard Law, had arrived in the Central American country accompanied by the agent Joaquim Batica, supposedly with the aim of sealing a deal for Campbell, who plays for Deportivo Saprissa in San Jose.
"Once we have spoken with Saprissa, we will be able to give more information," Batica was quoted as saying.
Campbell started all three of a young Costa Rican side`s games at the Copa America, and scored in their 2-0 win over Bolivia.
The player, who will play for his country in the World under-20 Championship in Colombia later this month, has not played in 75 percent of Costa Rica`s matches in the last two years, and would therefore not qualify for a work permit to play in England.
However, Batica said that Arsenal may apply to the FA for special permission in order allow a deal to go through.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead