Arsenal eyeing Anderlecht’s Lukaku
London: Premier League giants Arsenal have pitched a 14 million pound bid for Anderlecht’s Romelu Lukaku.
Lukaku`s agent Christophe Henrotay met Arsenal officials in London yesterday. He was then expected to fly to Portugal where the Belgian club is based during pre-season, to talk to the teenager, a leading daily reported.
Chelsea were hot favourites to land the 6ft 3in starlet, who is rated one of the top young players in Europe.
Lukaku has hit 31 goals in just 71 games for Anderlecht and has already played nine times for Belgium’s national side.
Anderlecht is reportedly prepared to let him go for less than their 18 million pound asking price.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!