Arsenal fans blast Nasri for turning down deal
London: Arsenal fans have criticized midfielder Samir Nasri for rejecting a 90,000-pound-a-week deal offered by Gunners manager Arsene Wenger.
Arsenal`s faithful are angry Nasri has snubbed the money on offer at the Emirates, knowing Manchester City will double his wages in a 22 million pound switch, a daily reports.
The Frenchman said on Twitter: "I heard what the fans were singing about me on Saturday. It is really disrespectful. I`m still an Arsenal player."
But he then walked into another row when Tim Payton from the Arsenal Supporters Trust said: "Nasri`s tweets are inappropriate. “
As Wenger has said, only players committed to Arsenal should play for the team.
"As he clearly isn`t committed, he needs to leave. Arsenal are bigger than any one player," Payton added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'