`Arsenal needs to buy big to be in top four`
London: Robin Van Persie has said that Arsenal needs to spend big to stay in the top four.
With their rivals all spending millions in the market, the Dutch star insists a 20-25 million pounds signing is needed to prove to fans and rivals that Arsenal means business.
“Why not sign a player for big money? These days proper players cost money. It needs to be seen - a few signings are more than welcome. Every team is buying quality players so, hopefully, we will do the same,” a leading daily qouted Persie, as saying.
“You need investment to keep up. Manchester City are buying loads of good players, Liverpool is doing it now, Manchester United have been doing it for years,” he added.
Van Persie also admitted that it would be a huge blow to lose Cesc Fabregas.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!