Arsenal new boy Gervinho banned for three games
London: New Arsenal striker Gervinho has been banned for three matches by the Football Association (FA) after being sent off on his Premier League debut at Newcastle United Saturday.
Gervinho had been suspended for violent conduct, the FA said on its website on Tuesday.
The Ivory Coast international struck Joey Barton, who was shown a yellow card, in the face as players from both sides were involved in a second-half melee during the 0-0 draw at St James` Park.
Arsenal and Newcastle were charged by the FA on Monday for failing to control their players.
Gervinho, who joined from French club Lille last month, will miss Saturday`s game at home to Liverpool, the August 28 visit to champions Manchester United and the home match with promoted Swansea City on September 10.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kashmir unrest: Rajnath to embark on two-day visit to Valley
- Waiting for the day Kashmir becomes part of Pakistan: Nawaz Sharif
- Must Watch: What Nawaz Sharif's daughter has to say about PML-N's victory in PoK polls
- Expelled BJP leader Dayashankar's family files FIR against Mayawati after BSP rampage
- West Indies vs India, 1st Test, Day 2: As it happened...