Arsenal Target Brazilian Teenager Wellington - Report
London: Arsenal are reportedly lining up a swoop for Fluminense’s teenage Brazilian star Wellington, according to a British newspaper.
The British tabloid claims that the Gunners are set to pounce for the youngster and will beat off stiff competition from rivals Manchester United and Chelsea as well as Spanish heavyweights Real Madrid and Barcelona.
Wellington has yet to sign a new contract with Fluminense and the deal is set to go through by the end of the year, the report continues.
Whilst the youngster is unlikely to be known by many in England, he has already had a trial at Arsenal where he is believed to have impressed manager Arsene Wenger.
Wellington spent a week with the Gunners, back in December, and also featured in a reserve team game against Norwich.
Should he decide to move to Arsenal he will follow fellow young Brazilians Denilson and Pedro Botelho, who has been loaned to Salamanca, who have also arrived at the club.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa