Arsenal Target Brazilian Teenager Wellington - Report
London: Arsenal are reportedly lining up a swoop for Fluminense’s teenage Brazilian star Wellington, according to a British newspaper.
The British tabloid claims that the Gunners are set to pounce for the youngster and will beat off stiff competition from rivals Manchester United and Chelsea as well as Spanish heavyweights Real Madrid and Barcelona.
Wellington has yet to sign a new contract with Fluminense and the deal is set to go through by the end of the year, the report continues.
Whilst the youngster is unlikely to be known by many in England, he has already had a trial at Arsenal where he is believed to have impressed manager Arsene Wenger.
Wellington spent a week with the Gunners, back in December, and also featured in a reserve team game against Norwich.
Should he decide to move to Arsenal he will follow fellow young Brazilians Denilson and Pedro Botelho, who has been loaned to Salamanca, who have also arrived at the club.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves