Arsenal Target Brazilian Teenager Wellington - Report
London: Arsenal are reportedly lining up a swoop for Fluminense’s teenage Brazilian star Wellington, according to a British newspaper.
The British tabloid claims that the Gunners are set to pounce for the youngster and will beat off stiff competition from rivals Manchester United and Chelsea as well as Spanish heavyweights Real Madrid and Barcelona.
Wellington has yet to sign a new contract with Fluminense and the deal is set to go through by the end of the year, the report continues.
Whilst the youngster is unlikely to be known by many in England, he has already had a trial at Arsenal where he is believed to have impressed manager Arsene Wenger.
Wellington spent a week with the Gunners, back in December, and also featured in a reserve team game against Norwich.
Should he decide to move to Arsenal he will follow fellow young Brazilians Denilson and Pedro Botelho, who has been loaned to Salamanca, who have also arrived at the club.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- Twitter war over IIT Madras row: Smriti Irani challenges Rahul Gandhi to debate over any issue, anywhere