Arsenal Target Brazilian Teenager Wellington - Report
London: Arsenal are reportedly lining up a swoop for Fluminense’s teenage Brazilian star Wellington, according to a British newspaper.
The British tabloid claims that the Gunners are set to pounce for the youngster and will beat off stiff competition from rivals Manchester United and Chelsea as well as Spanish heavyweights Real Madrid and Barcelona.
Wellington has yet to sign a new contract with Fluminense and the deal is set to go through by the end of the year, the report continues.
Whilst the youngster is unlikely to be known by many in England, he has already had a trial at Arsenal where he is believed to have impressed manager Arsene Wenger.
Wellington spent a week with the Gunners, back in December, and also featured in a reserve team game against Norwich.
Should he decide to move to Arsenal he will follow fellow young Brazilians Denilson and Pedro Botelho, who has been loaned to Salamanca, who have also arrived at the club.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation – Part II
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof