Arsenal to stage Argentina v Portugal international
London: Argentina and Portugal will meet in a friendly international at Arsenal’s Emirates Stadium on February 9, the Premier League club said Tuesday.
The high profile game is likely to feature a number of players who have played regularly at the Emirates including Carlos Tevez and Javier Mascherano of Argentina and Jose Bosingwa, Nani, Ricardo Carvalho and Raul Meireles of Portugal.
Portugal’s Cristiano Ronaldo knows the stadium well from his Manchester United days while Argentina’s Lionel Messi played there for Barcelona against Arsenal earlier this year and also for Argentina against Brazil there in September 2006.
It will be the second time both Argentina and Portugal have played matches at the Emirates with Argentina losing 3-0 to Brazil in that match in 2006 and Portugal beating Brazil 2-0 there in February 2007.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands