Arsenal`s Rosicky suffers fresh injury blow
London: Arsenal midfielder Tomas Rosicky, who had just returned from an 18-month injury layoff, could be sidelined for six weeks with a hamstring problem, the Premier League club said.
The Czech Republic international, who played in three pre-season friendlies in recent weeks after recovering from a hamstring tendon injury, will miss the start of the season and manager Arsene Wenger admitted the new injury was worrying.
"He was so sharp that it is difficult to accept that he has had a muscle injury," Wenger was quoted as saying on the club`s website. "But it is not a major problem. You get that type of injury after you have been out for 18 months."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister