Arunachal witnesses 75% turnout during repoll
Itanagar: Over 75 per cent of voting was
recorded in the repolling held in 33 polling stations in
Arunachal Pradesh assembly elections on Monday, officials said.
No untoward incident was reported from anywhere, they
The polling stations which went to repoll today are
located in 15 assembly constituencies.
Damaged EVMs, group clashes and other disturbances on
October 13, the polling day, led to cancellation of polls in
IRB jawan killed
A jawan of the third India
Reserve Battalion(IRB) was killed after a drunken brawl with
ITBP personnel at Seppa in Arunachal Pradesh on Saturday,
police sources said today.
ITBP and IRB jawans had a clash in a hotel there over
drinks on that day in which several IRB jawans were thrashed
by ITBP personnel, they said.
After some time IRB jawans went to ITBP personnel posted
near the strong room where EVMs were kept after October 13
poll for the state assembly elections, to settle score.
On seeing the IRB jawans rushing towards them, one ITBP
jawan opened fire in which the IRB jawan was killed, police
The body of the jawan was brought to his native place
here and was laid to rest after postmortem, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Twists and turns: Possible theories about Sheena Bora's murder
- DNA: With new facts emerging, Sheena Bora's murder mystery further deepens
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past