Arunachal witnesses 75% turnout during repoll
Itanagar: Over 75 per cent of voting was
recorded in the repolling held in 33 polling stations in
Arunachal Pradesh assembly elections on Monday, officials said.
No untoward incident was reported from anywhere, they
The polling stations which went to repoll today are
located in 15 assembly constituencies.
Damaged EVMs, group clashes and other disturbances on
October 13, the polling day, led to cancellation of polls in
IRB jawan killed
A jawan of the third India
Reserve Battalion(IRB) was killed after a drunken brawl with
ITBP personnel at Seppa in Arunachal Pradesh on Saturday,
police sources said today.
ITBP and IRB jawans had a clash in a hotel there over
drinks on that day in which several IRB jawans were thrashed
by ITBP personnel, they said.
After some time IRB jawans went to ITBP personnel posted
near the strong room where EVMs were kept after October 13
poll for the state assembly elections, to settle score.
On seeing the IRB jawans rushing towards them, one ITBP
jawan opened fire in which the IRB jawan was killed, police
The body of the jawan was brought to his native place
here and was laid to rest after postmortem, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!