Asher Noria wins gold in Munich World C`ship
New Delhi: Teen sensation Asher Noria continued his rise to prominence, equalling the junior world record to clinch the junior double trap gold at the World Championships in Munich, Germany on Thursday.
The 17-year-old equalled Maltese William Chetcuti`s six-year-old record of 146/150 to finish on top in the junior individual competition in Munich. He shot rounds of 49, 49 and 48 to finish ahead of silver-medallist Alessandro Chianese (141) of Italy.
American Ian Rupert settled for the bronze medal with a score of 138.
Noria`s gold in Munich comes just a couple of months after he bagged the top honours at the Junior World Cup in another German city of Suhl.
However, there was disappointment for India in the senior men`s double trap event with world record holder and Noria`s mentor Ronjan Singh Sodhi failing to even qualify for the finals.
He finished 17th in the overall standings after shooting a score of 139 (42, 48, 49).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days