Ashley Cole to return for Chelsea in April: Report
London: Chelsea have received a huge boost with the news that Ashley Cole should be available for selection in less than a month`s time, The Mirror reports.
The left-back was expected to miss the remainder of the season after sustaining an ankle injury in the Blues` defeat to Everton in February and has spent time recovering at a retreat in France.
However, the former Arsenal star is progressing far better than expected, and it is claimed that Chelsea manager Carlo Ancelotti expects him to be ready to face Stoke City on April 25.
This would be a huge bonus for the Londoners in their pursuit of Premier League glory, but more than that it would put Cole back in the frame for the upcoming World Cup.
Speculation has been rife as to who could fill the void on the left side of England`s defence in South Africa, with Leighton Baines and Stephen Warnock the frontrunners following Wayne Bridge`s international retirement.
However, if Cole can prove his fitness and form before the end of the season, Three Lions boss Fabio Capello will only have to bother about who to take as his reserve left-back.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'