Ashley Cole to return for Chelsea in April: Report
London: Chelsea have received a huge boost with the news that Ashley Cole should be available for selection in less than a month`s time, The Mirror reports.
The left-back was expected to miss the remainder of the season after sustaining an ankle injury in the Blues` defeat to Everton in February and has spent time recovering at a retreat in France.
However, the former Arsenal star is progressing far better than expected, and it is claimed that Chelsea manager Carlo Ancelotti expects him to be ready to face Stoke City on April 25.
This would be a huge bonus for the Londoners in their pursuit of Premier League glory, but more than that it would put Cole back in the frame for the upcoming World Cup.
Speculation has been rife as to who could fill the void on the left side of England`s defence in South Africa, with Leighton Baines and Stephen Warnock the frontrunners following Wayne Bridge`s international retirement.
However, if Cole can prove his fitness and form before the end of the season, Three Lions boss Fabio Capello will only have to bother about who to take as his reserve left-back.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state