Ashley Cole to return for Chelsea in April: Report
London: Chelsea have received a huge boost with the news that Ashley Cole should be available for selection in less than a month`s time, The Mirror reports.
The left-back was expected to miss the remainder of the season after sustaining an ankle injury in the Blues` defeat to Everton in February and has spent time recovering at a retreat in France.
However, the former Arsenal star is progressing far better than expected, and it is claimed that Chelsea manager Carlo Ancelotti expects him to be ready to face Stoke City on April 25.
This would be a huge bonus for the Londoners in their pursuit of Premier League glory, but more than that it would put Cole back in the frame for the upcoming World Cup.
Speculation has been rife as to who could fill the void on the left side of England`s defence in South Africa, with Leighton Baines and Stephen Warnock the frontrunners following Wayne Bridge`s international retirement.
However, if Cole can prove his fitness and form before the end of the season, Three Lions boss Fabio Capello will only have to bother about who to take as his reserve left-back.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway