Ashok Kumar misses cut in Japan
Ono (Japan): India`s Ashok Kumar missed the midway cut in the Japan PGA Golf Championships, despite a one-over 72 on the second day of the tournament on Friday.
Ashok had a round of 77 on the first day to finish with a two-day total of 149 and in tied 90th place at the Onotoyo Golf Club in Hyogo Prefecture.
Veteran Hiroo Kawai turned in the day`s best score, a 67, to tie for the lead at four-under 138 with Michio Matsumura (71) and American Jay Choi (72).
Ryo Ishikawa shot his second straight even-par 71 to make the cut. Ishikawa is tied for the 26th place at the midway point in the first major of the year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- DNA: Today in History | 25th August, 2016
- Are festivals and other social fete being manipulated for political benefits?
- Ronaldo beats Bale, Griezmann to win second UEFA Best Player in Europe Award
- After tribal's walk with wife's body, Odisha launches hearse scheme
- PM Modi pips Amitabh Bachchan, becomes most followed Indian on Twitter
- Tips to treat minor burns at home!
- UEFA Champions League draw: Barca reunion for Guardiola, Madrid get Dortmund, Arsenal pair PSG