Ashok Kumar wins DLF Masters
Gurgaon: Caddie-turned-pro Ashok Kumar
lifted the DLF Masters title trophy riding on his overnight
eight-stroke lead after rain washed out the final day of the
PGTI event here on Sunday.
Ashok had carded a brilliant seven-under 65 for the
second consecutive day to take a massive eight-stroke lead
over compatriot Gaganjeet Bhullar after the penultimate round
It would have taken nothing less than a miracle to
upstage Ashok and with rain gods disrupting the proceedings,
the final round was called off at the DLF golf and country
Defending champion Bhullar, who had carded one-over 73
yesterday to slip down after sharing the top spot with Ashok
after the second round, finished runners-up here.
Ashok, who finished with a total 16-under 200, pocketed
Rs 15,35,675 for his effort.
Anirban Lahiri finished one stroke adrift of Bhullar with
a total of seven-under 209, while C Muniyappa and Ajeetesh
Sandhu ended with a total of six-under 210 at tied fourth.
Two-time winner Jyoti Randhawa, who was leading after
round one, and Himmat Singh Rai dropped down the leader-board
after carding rounds of 73 and 74 in the third round to finish
tied sixth along with four others.
"This is my biggest win in terms of prize money. I have
regained my lost touch and it is time to look ahead and secure
more wins," Ashok said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Parliament deadlock: BJP says blame Sonia if Monsoon Session washed out, calls Congress 'confused'