Asian Games gold winners to meet PM on December 4
New Delhi: The Indian sportspersons, who won gold in the Asian Games in Guangzhou, are likely to meet Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on December 4, officials said today.
The gold medal winners and their coaches will meet the PM at his official residence.
India’s Belarussian coach Nikolai Snesarev and chief coach Bahadur Singh will accompany the track and field athletes to meet the PM.
“I have been invited to meet the Prime Minister on December 4. It is a great honour for me,” Nikolai told reporters.
India had 14 gold medals in the Asian Games.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...