Asian Games gold winners to meet PM on December 4
New Delhi: The Indian sportspersons, who won gold in the Asian Games in Guangzhou, are likely to meet Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on December 4, officials said today.
The gold medal winners and their coaches will meet the PM at his official residence.
India’s Belarussian coach Nikolai Snesarev and chief coach Bahadur Singh will accompany the track and field athletes to meet the PM.
“I have been invited to meet the Prime Minister on December 4. It is a great honour for me,” Nikolai told reporters.
India had 14 gold medals in the Asian Games.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional
- Manipur ambush: Key NSCN(K) leader involved in killing of 18 Army personnel arrested by NIA