Assam: CPM election manifesto vows to establish a secular govt
Guwahati: The state chapter of CPM vowed to establish a secular government with promises of rooting out corruption, checking inflation and bringing about overall development of Assam in the manifesto of the party.
The party state head of CPM Uddhab Barman said it`s time for all the Left parties to come together and work for a new dawn in the state. "People have already suffered a lot in the hands of corrupt ministers. High inflation coupled with corruption and vandalism brought about by the ruling Congress has weakened faith of people in the government. It`s time people get together and bring a change," Barman said.
"All the Left parties are coming together to bring about a change in the scenario. Our aim would be to oust the Congress government and at the same time we cannot support the BJP for its communal stand," he said.
"We have an understanding with the Left parties to defeat the Congress and the BJP. Our candidates contesting polls from 17 constituencies are getting full support from all Left parties," Barman said.
The CPM members said investment of funds for industrialization and development of infrastructure is a must for the state. The party is also laying stress on progress of farmers, they added.
"Education system needs improvement and so does the health scenario. The most important thing is that the state needs a transparent government," he said. Meanwhile, the CPI in Assam too released their manifesto on Wednesday with almost the same issues as CPM. "Our mission would be to bring a change with secularism, and equal rights for all barring religious, caste, race and language divide," state CPI secretary B Dutta said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- Baby girl still in hospital after 76 days, mother denies relationship with baby
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail