Assange a `political actor`, not journalist: US
Washington: WikiLeaks boss Julian Assange is a "political actor" determined to undermine international diplomacy by jeopardising efforts to resolve problems across the world, the US State Department said.
"He`s not a journalist. He`s not a whistleblower," State Department spokesman PJ Crowley said on Thursday. "He is a political actor. He has a political agenda."
"He is trying to undermine the international system that enables us to cooperate and collaborate with other governments and to work in multilateral settings and on a bilateral basis to help solve regional and international issues," Crowley added.
WikiLeaks is in the process of publishing more than 250,000 secret US diplomatic cables mostly focused on interactions with other countries over the last several years. The US has sharply condemned WikiLeaks, which describes itself as dedicated to exposing government secrets, for releasing the documents.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love