Assocham`s 5-pt strategy for Indian eco
New Delhi: Industry body Assocham Sunday came out with a five-point strategy focusing on infrastructure, good governance and education to transform India into a developed economy.
"Assocham suggests the government of India look into and follow these five strategies to put a step in the right direction for transforming India into a developed economy," the chamber said in a statement here.
The government should take more concrete steps to ensure that we achieve 100 per cent literacy by the end of next decade, it said. The average literacy rate is 64 percent.
In addition, it said the government should stress on effective human resource developments through vocational education and training initiatives to enhance the job prospects of the youth.
It said that good governance, which is about effective decision-making at all the levels, "is a must to enable every sector and the only way to effectively deal with evils like illiteracy, poverty, malnutrition and law and order problems".
The chamber also suggested the use of labour intensive technology for production rather than capital-intensive techniques, as the former methodology increases employment opportunities.
The government should also promote the small and medium enterprises sector, as it contributes 90 percent to the Indian economy`s output, it said.
Besides, IT, the government should also focus on areas like the trading, wholesale and retail sector, which offer tremendous employment opportunities and can make a huge contribution to the economy.
It further said, "Infrastructure is a sector which requires serious attention and needs constant funding of 5-7 percent of the GDP."
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed