Astro do’s and don`ts for solar eclipse
New Delhi: Chant the ‘surya mantra’, avoid eating out and postpone work and any major assignments, some astrologers warn about the impending eclipse on Wednesday.
Others, however, dismiss these warnings as "eclipse hysteria".
Astro-pundits are predicting a mixed bag when it comes to the solar eclipse.
The solar eclipse hemmed in between two lunar eclipses - one on July 7 and another Aug 6 - will affect those with Cancer in their birth charts, according to some astrologers.
"As the eclipse is taking place in the cardinal sign of Cancer (Kark), those born under the sign of Cancer or with Cancer in ascendant in their birth charts might suffer losses in business," Ahmedabad-based astrologer Harish P. Goswami, told IANS .
His state, Gujarat, will fall directly under the arc of the eclipse at 5.28 a.m. Wednesday. He prescribed chanting the surya mantra- Om jaba kusuma sankasana ..." - as a shield against the ill-effects of the eclipse.
The general list of do`s and dont`s include a brief fast during the actual eclipse period, bathing after the eclipse, avoiding eating out or food cooked before the eclipse and postponing major assignments and work.
The combined gravitational pull of the sun and the moon may also trigger water-related natural disasters - especially in cities located along the coast.
A tsunami? "Nothing as bad as that. But till December coastal towns need to watch out," Goswami warned.
However, Delhi-based astrologer K.N. Rao, along with yoga guru Ramdev allay such fears.
"Misinformation that eclipse brings bad luck has been around for a long time. They should be discouraged. It is a natural celestial event," Rao said. Ramdev sought legal action against the "eclipse hysteria".
Delhi-based energy master S.K. Goel, also a vaastu expert, predicted loss of natural energy. "Everything revolves around the sun. Imagine being without the sun for four minutes. The impact is tremendous."
Goel said the "loss of sunlight" would strengthen the bio-magnetic fields of the human bodies and "physical vibrations" would govern actions. "It is best to keep the stomach empty to avoid chemical reactions in the body and purify personal vibrations by chanting mantras," he said.
According to an Internet post by astrologer Aadietya Pandey, the first triple eclipse was recorded around 3067 BCE coinciding with the date and time of the battle of Kurukshetra in Mahabharata.
It is usually associated with tumultuous events on earth.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter