At IGI, passengers need to shell out money to use ATM
New Delhi: Running short of cash at the IGI airport`s international terminal? You will have to cough up some extra amount to use the ATM.
There is only one ATM installed at the visitors` lounge of the arrival area and one needs to pay a fee of Rs 80 to enter the lounge and take cash from the ATM.
"It is ridiculous to pay Rs 80 just to take money from ATM. How we can claim to be a world-class airport when we don`t have such a basic facilities available at the airport?" complained Kumud Shekhar, an advocate and a frequent flyer.
He had to face such a situation a few days back when he had to book a ticket from an airlines` office at the airport.
"My debit card did not function at the airline`s office so I went to take out cash from ATM, which they said was at the visitor`s lounge," he said.
"When I reached there I was stopped at the gate by private security guards, who refused to let me in saying I will have buy visitor`s ticket for entry, even for taking money from ATM," he said, adding "this is fleecing."
Security personnel say altercations over the issue have become a regular feature.
"People coming here have to face this problem everyday and sometimes it results in a heated exchange of words," said a security official deputed at the IGI airport.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH