At IGI, passengers need to shell out money to use ATM
New Delhi: Running short of cash at the IGI airport`s international terminal? You will have to cough up some extra amount to use the ATM.
There is only one ATM installed at the visitors` lounge of the arrival area and one needs to pay a fee of Rs 80 to enter the lounge and take cash from the ATM.
"It is ridiculous to pay Rs 80 just to take money from ATM. How we can claim to be a world-class airport when we don`t have such a basic facilities available at the airport?" complained Kumud Shekhar, an advocate and a frequent flyer.
He had to face such a situation a few days back when he had to book a ticket from an airlines` office at the airport.
"My debit card did not function at the airline`s office so I went to take out cash from ATM, which they said was at the visitor`s lounge," he said.
"When I reached there I was stopped at the gate by private security guards, who refused to let me in saying I will have buy visitor`s ticket for entry, even for taking money from ATM," he said, adding "this is fleecing."
Security personnel say altercations over the issue have become a regular feature.
"People coming here have to face this problem everyday and sometimes it results in a heated exchange of words," said a security official deputed at the IGI airport.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29