Atal brought to tears to hear Ruchika`s tale: Shanta
New Delhi: Former Prime Minister Atal
Bihari Vajpayee was moved to tears when he heard the tragic
tale of Ruchika Girihotra`s molestation while he was still in
office, ex Union minister Shanta Kumar said on Friday.
Kumar, who was the Food Minister in the NDA government
at the Centre, said Vajpayee came to know about Ruchika`s sad
story in 2000 when he read a letter written by him to the then
Haryana Chief Minister Om Prakash Chautala asking him to take
stern action against former DGP S P S Rathore in the case.
"After hearing the episode from me tears rolled down
Vajpayee`s face", the veteran BJP leader from Himachal Pradesh
Vajpayee also strongly approved of Kumar`s letter to
Chautala recommending stringent action against former Haryana
police chief in the case.
"Vajpayee told me that I had done the right thing
(writing a letter to Chautala over the incident)," Kumar,
currently a Rajya Sabha member from his home state claimed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- Kashmir violence: Avoid using pellet guns against protesters as far as possible, Rajnath Singh tells security forces
- Pakistan spinner Mohammad Hafeez to undergo retest on modified bowling action
- Elderly woman found murdered in Delhi
- IAF's mising AN-32 transporter: Satellites provide pointers, but no signs of aircraft yet
- Harsimrat writes to RS chairman for action on Jairam, Renuka