Atal brought to tears to hear Ruchika`s tale: Shanta
New Delhi: Former Prime Minister Atal
Bihari Vajpayee was moved to tears when he heard the tragic
tale of Ruchika Girihotra`s molestation while he was still in
office, ex Union minister Shanta Kumar said on Friday.
Kumar, who was the Food Minister in the NDA government
at the Centre, said Vajpayee came to know about Ruchika`s sad
story in 2000 when he read a letter written by him to the then
Haryana Chief Minister Om Prakash Chautala asking him to take
stern action against former DGP S P S Rathore in the case.
"After hearing the episode from me tears rolled down
Vajpayee`s face", the veteran BJP leader from Himachal Pradesh
Vajpayee also strongly approved of Kumar`s letter to
Chautala recommending stringent action against former Haryana
police chief in the case.
"Vajpayee told me that I had done the right thing
(writing a letter to Chautala over the incident)," Kumar,
currently a Rajya Sabha member from his home state claimed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'