Atal brought to tears to hear Ruchika`s tale: Shanta
New Delhi: Former Prime Minister Atal
Bihari Vajpayee was moved to tears when he heard the tragic
tale of Ruchika Girihotra`s molestation while he was still in
office, ex Union minister Shanta Kumar said on Friday.
Kumar, who was the Food Minister in the NDA government
at the Centre, said Vajpayee came to know about Ruchika`s sad
story in 2000 when he read a letter written by him to the then
Haryana Chief Minister Om Prakash Chautala asking him to take
stern action against former DGP S P S Rathore in the case.
"After hearing the episode from me tears rolled down
Vajpayee`s face", the veteran BJP leader from Himachal Pradesh
Vajpayee also strongly approved of Kumar`s letter to
Chautala recommending stringent action against former Haryana
police chief in the case.
"Vajpayee told me that I had done the right thing
(writing a letter to Chautala over the incident)," Kumar,
currently a Rajya Sabha member from his home state claimed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical