Athletics coach Nagapuri to be showcaused: SAI DG
New Delhi: After terminating the services of Ukrainian coach Yuri Ogrodnik and suspending R S Sidhu in the wake of the doping scandal, the Sports Authority of India on Thursday showcaused Ramesh Nagapuri, the other athletics coach associated with the women`s 400m race.
"As per the findings of SAI Executive Director (P C Kashyap), we have decided to issue showcause notice to N Ramesh. As he is currently in Japan (for Asian Championships) with the Indian contingent, he would be served the notice once he is back," SAI Director-General Desh Deepak Verma told reporters.
The SAI DG also revealed the names of the two female employees who have been removed from the NIS Patiala with immediate effect. Sunita Bedi was the caretaker of the girls` hostel and Kalpana Debnath, the Warden of the Silver Jubilee Girls` Hostel.
While Bedi has been transferred out of Patiala, Debnath has been withdrawn from her post.
In the wake of the doping scandal that has rocked the country, Verma said in case of a doping incident in future, collective responsibility will be imposed and action will be taken against the whole team of athletes, support staff and others connected.
"We have decided that if the athlete is tested positive then action will be taken against the entire team to stem the rot that has set in. Our employees will now be more pro-active to tackle this menace," he said, adding that SAI has already prepared a detailed report which will be submitted to the government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried in Mumbai; Rajnath says he got chance to express views in all forums
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened