Athletics coach Nagapuri to be showcaused: SAI DG
New Delhi: After terminating the services of Ukrainian coach Yuri Ogrodnik and suspending R S Sidhu in the wake of the doping scandal, the Sports Authority of India on Thursday showcaused Ramesh Nagapuri, the other athletics coach associated with the women`s 400m race.
"As per the findings of SAI Executive Director (P C Kashyap), we have decided to issue showcause notice to N Ramesh. As he is currently in Japan (for Asian Championships) with the Indian contingent, he would be served the notice once he is back," SAI Director-General Desh Deepak Verma told reporters.
The SAI DG also revealed the names of the two female employees who have been removed from the NIS Patiala with immediate effect. Sunita Bedi was the caretaker of the girls` hostel and Kalpana Debnath, the Warden of the Silver Jubilee Girls` Hostel.
While Bedi has been transferred out of Patiala, Debnath has been withdrawn from her post.
In the wake of the doping scandal that has rocked the country, Verma said in case of a doping incident in future, collective responsibility will be imposed and action will be taken against the whole team of athletes, support staff and others connected.
"We have decided that if the athlete is tested positive then action will be taken against the entire team to stem the rot that has set in. Our employees will now be more pro-active to tackle this menace," he said, adding that SAI has already prepared a detailed report which will be submitted to the government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: BJP wins 82 seats in nail-biting finish, Shiv Sena 84; Uddhav, Fadnavis non-committal on alliance
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: Shiv Sena leads in Mumbai but BJP the big winner
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017: Shiv Sena wins, BJP runners-up
- Thane Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Shiv Sena set for clear majority, leading in 51 seats, BJP in 17