Athletic`s Muniain youngest La Liga scorer at 16
Madrid: Athletic Bilbao`s 16-year-old forward Iker Muniain became the youngest scorer in La Liga when he earned them a point in Sunday`s 2-2 draw at Real Valladolid.
Muniain, who turns 17 in December and was a second-half substitute, picked up a loose ball on the edge of the area in the 77th minute and his snap shot was good enough to beat Jacobo Sanz in the Valladolid goal for the second equaliser.
Athletic confirmed on their website Muniain was the youngest scorer in Spain`s top flight.
It was an eventful match which the home side ended with nine men and Athletic with 10 while visiting striker Fernando Llorente was taken to hospital for tests after a clash of heads.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack