Athletic`s Muniain youngest La Liga scorer at 16
Madrid: Athletic Bilbao`s 16-year-old forward Iker Muniain became the youngest scorer in La Liga when he earned them a point in Sunday`s 2-2 draw at Real Valladolid.
Muniain, who turns 17 in December and was a second-half substitute, picked up a loose ball on the edge of the area in the 77th minute and his snap shot was good enough to beat Jacobo Sanz in the Valladolid goal for the second equaliser.
Athletic confirmed on their website Muniain was the youngest scorer in Spain`s top flight.
It was an eventful match which the home side ended with nine men and Athletic with 10 while visiting striker Fernando Llorente was taken to hospital for tests after a clash of heads.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional