‘Atrocities committed on Dalits during BSP rule`
Hathras: Training his guns at the BSP-led government, Congess MP and Chairman of National Scheduled Caste Commission PL Punia Friday said that atrocities have been committed on Dalits for the past five years in Uttar Pradesh.
"The past five years in Uttar Pradesh have been that of atrocities on Dalits," Punia said.
Taking a dig at Chief Minister Mayawati, he said that she is not "dalit ki beti" but a sympathiser of "daulatwale" (rich).
Punia came here to inaugurate the election office of Congress-RLD nominee Rajesh Raj Jevan.
When asked about the coming Assembly polls, he said that the party`s target is to win reserved seats in the elections.
He also exuded confidence that Congress General Secretary Rahul Gandhi`s mission 2012 would be realised in the coming Assembly polls.
The Congress has taken care of Muslims which has not gone down well with the Samajwadi Party, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love