‘Atrocities committed on Dalits during BSP rule`
Hathras: Training his guns at the BSP-led government, Congess MP and Chairman of National Scheduled Caste Commission PL Punia Friday said that atrocities have been committed on Dalits for the past five years in Uttar Pradesh.
"The past five years in Uttar Pradesh have been that of atrocities on Dalits," Punia said.
Taking a dig at Chief Minister Mayawati, he said that she is not "dalit ki beti" but a sympathiser of "daulatwale" (rich).
Punia came here to inaugurate the election office of Congress-RLD nominee Rajesh Raj Jevan.
When asked about the coming Assembly polls, he said that the party`s target is to win reserved seats in the elections.
He also exuded confidence that Congress General Secretary Rahul Gandhi`s mission 2012 would be realised in the coming Assembly polls.
The Congress has taken care of Muslims which has not gone down well with the Samajwadi Party, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read