Attack in Naxal-hit Latehar district
Latehar (Jharkhand): Maoists on Saturday set
ablaze two pay-loaders of the Central Coalfield Limited (CCL)
near Tori railway station here.
About 20 members of Jharkhand Prastuti Committee (JPC), a
Maoist outfit, arrived at the CCl`s coal loading site and set
on fire the pay-loaders.
They also abducted about 15 home-guards on duty, beat
them and looted their mobile phones and torches, the sources
The Naxals then set them free with a warning that the
coal loading should be done manually and not with machines.
A case has been lodged under Chandwa Police Station on
the statement of the victims, the sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash