Attack in Naxal-hit Latehar district
Latehar (Jharkhand): Maoists on Saturday set
ablaze two pay-loaders of the Central Coalfield Limited (CCL)
near Tori railway station here.
About 20 members of Jharkhand Prastuti Committee (JPC), a
Maoist outfit, arrived at the CCl`s coal loading site and set
on fire the pay-loaders.
They also abducted about 15 home-guards on duty, beat
them and looted their mobile phones and torches, the sources
The Naxals then set them free with a warning that the
coal loading should be done manually and not with machines.
A case has been lodged under Chandwa Police Station on
the statement of the victims, the sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video