Attack on Manipur government official`s house
Imphal: Unidentified militants exploded a powerful grenade at the private residence of a Manipur government official but there was no casualty, police said on Saturday.
The militants attacked the house of executive engineer of Public Works Department (PWD) Kh Mohori at Khurai area in Imphal east district late last night and damaged a small portion of the gate.
The official and his family members were present at the time of the explosion, the second in a month, the police said.
Monetary demands by some militants from the engineer could be the reason behind the attack, the police said.
The official`s house was attacked in a similar fashion on September 4.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Trade unions` strike hits normal life across India
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Parineeti Chopra turns 'sexy pari' for sizzling photo-shoot