Attack on Manipur government official`s house
Imphal: Unidentified militants exploded a powerful grenade at the private residence of a Manipur government official but there was no casualty, police said on Saturday.
The militants attacked the house of executive engineer of Public Works Department (PWD) Kh Mohori at Khurai area in Imphal east district late last night and damaged a small portion of the gate.
The official and his family members were present at the time of the explosion, the second in a month, the police said.
Monetary demands by some militants from the engineer could be the reason behind the attack, the police said.
The official`s house was attacked in a similar fashion on September 4.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Exclusive: In conversation with Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley