Atwal ends tied 48th in WGC - HSBC Champions
Shanghai : Arjun Atwal went over-par for a second successive day, carding a 74 in the final round, to drop 10 rungs and sign off tied 48th in the WGC – HSBC Champions golf tournament here on Sunday.
Atwal managed two birdies against two bogeys and a double bogey to be two-over for the day and end the tournament with a total of three-over 291.
The Orlando-based golfer was one-over in the front nine after managing to sandwich a birdie in between a couple of bogeys.
The back nine comprised a double bogey against a birdie as Atwal rounded off his campaign on a rather disappointing note.
Italian Francesco Molinari clinched the title by a stroke after a second successive 67 left his overall score at 19-under 269.
England`s Lee Westwood finished second after returning a 67 in the final round.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- Congress rushes in defence of 'sidelined' AAP Punjab convener
- Bad time continues for banks; Kingfisher Airlines brands auction fails again
- Punjab seeks CBI probe in shooting of RSS leader
- French PM Manuel Valls praises economy, says growth target in reach
- Judges must not hesitate to give severest punishment to rapists: Court