Atwal ends tied 48th in WGC - HSBC Champions
Shanghai : Arjun Atwal went over-par for a second successive day, carding a 74 in the final round, to drop 10 rungs and sign off tied 48th in the WGC – HSBC Champions golf tournament here on Sunday.
Atwal managed two birdies against two bogeys and a double bogey to be two-over for the day and end the tournament with a total of three-over 291.
The Orlando-based golfer was one-over in the front nine after managing to sandwich a birdie in between a couple of bogeys.
The back nine comprised a double bogey against a birdie as Atwal rounded off his campaign on a rather disappointing note.
Italian Francesco Molinari clinched the title by a stroke after a second successive 67 left his overall score at 19-under 269.
England`s Lee Westwood finished second after returning a 67 in the final round.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state