Atwal halted by weather in FedEx play-offs
New Jersey: Arjun Atwal had a promising start but it was cut short by Hurricane Irene and he was left stranded at two-under through 11 holes in the first round of the Barclays Championships, the first leg of the FedEx Cup play-offs.
Atwal had a bogey on the fourth but soon after that he birdied the sixth, ninth and 10th before play was stopped on account of inclement weather. He was provisionally 40th at that stage.
Among other Asian names was KJ Choi (70) in tied 64th, while YE Yang was two-under through 16 holes.
Harrison Frazar took the lead at seven-under 64 after a soggy and wet start to the FedEx Cup, as Hurricane Irene hit the area.
The event is expected to be hit heavily by the Hurricane and there is a strong possibility of it being cut short.
Vijay Singh and Jonathan Byrd shot 65 each, while Adam Scott, Charley Hoffman and Ryan Palmer had 66s and top seed Nick Watney opened with a 67 as 51 players did not finish their first round.
When play was stopped, William McGirt had seven birdies in an eight-hole stretch and he was seven-under through 11 holes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you