Atwal tied 22nd, Jeev misses cut at Texas Open
San Antonio: Arjun Atwal returned a
subdued even-par 70 to slip to tied 22nd but it was curtains
for Jeev Milkha Singh as he missed the cut despite an improved
show in the second round of the Valero Texas Open golf
Atwal`s two-day total stands at three-under 141 after he
found a birdie and a bogey in the second round, which was
suspended by a day due to bad weather.
After remaining even-par in a blemishfree front-nine,
Atwal found his first and only birdie of the day on the 10th
hole. But a bogey on the 13th left him even-par for the round.
In contrast, Jeev, who fell short of the cutline by just
a stroke, endured an eventful day.
Jeev struck two birdies against one dropped shot in the
front nine to make the turn one-under.
The back-nine turned out to be a disappointing one as he
stumbled to two bogeys and a double bogey against just one
birdie to drop out of contention.
At the top, it was a four-way tie for the lead with
Matt Jones (71), Brett Wetterich (68), Jimmy Walker (67) and
James Nitties (67) having totals of seven-under 137 after two
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Preity Zinta missed crew of 'ABCD 2' on 'Nach Baliye 7'
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues