Atwal tied 22nd, Jeev misses cut at Texas Open
San Antonio: Arjun Atwal returned a
subdued even-par 70 to slip to tied 22nd but it was curtains
for Jeev Milkha Singh as he missed the cut despite an improved
show in the second round of the Valero Texas Open golf
Atwal`s two-day total stands at three-under 141 after he
found a birdie and a bogey in the second round, which was
suspended by a day due to bad weather.
After remaining even-par in a blemishfree front-nine,
Atwal found his first and only birdie of the day on the 10th
hole. But a bogey on the 13th left him even-par for the round.
In contrast, Jeev, who fell short of the cutline by just
a stroke, endured an eventful day.
Jeev struck two birdies against one dropped shot in the
front nine to make the turn one-under.
The back-nine turned out to be a disappointing one as he
stumbled to two bogeys and a double bogey against just one
birdie to drop out of contention.
At the top, it was a four-way tie for the lead with
Matt Jones (71), Brett Wetterich (68), Jimmy Walker (67) and
James Nitties (67) having totals of seven-under 137 after two
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal