Atwal tied 22nd, Jeev misses cut at Texas Open
San Antonio: Arjun Atwal returned a
subdued even-par 70 to slip to tied 22nd but it was curtains
for Jeev Milkha Singh as he missed the cut despite an improved
show in the second round of the Valero Texas Open golf
Atwal`s two-day total stands at three-under 141 after he
found a birdie and a bogey in the second round, which was
suspended by a day due to bad weather.
After remaining even-par in a blemishfree front-nine,
Atwal found his first and only birdie of the day on the 10th
hole. But a bogey on the 13th left him even-par for the round.
In contrast, Jeev, who fell short of the cutline by just
a stroke, endured an eventful day.
Jeev struck two birdies against one dropped shot in the
front nine to make the turn one-under.
The back-nine turned out to be a disappointing one as he
stumbled to two bogeys and a double bogey against just one
birdie to drop out of contention.
At the top, it was a four-way tie for the lead with
Matt Jones (71), Brett Wetterich (68), Jimmy Walker (67) and
James Nitties (67) having totals of seven-under 137 after two
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth