Atwal tied 52 after Rd 1 of HSBC C`ship
Shanghai : A poor back nine spoilt his card as Arjun Atwal returned a one-over 73 to lie tied 52nd after the opening round of the World Golf Championships-HSBC Champions
here on thursay .
The Orlando-based Indian sank two birdies against three bogeys at the Sheshan International golf course here.
Atwal made a sizzling start with two birdies in his front nine before a bogey pulled him back. But worse was yet to come as on resumption, the Indian dropped two bogeys at the
12th and 17th holes to end the day on a disappointing note.
Atwal had made history by becoming the first Indian to win on the PGA Tour with his one-stroke victory in the Wyndham Championship in August.
At the top, Italian Francesco Molinari fired a seven-under 65 to emerge as the leader, while new world number one Lee Westwood of England follwed him one stroke behind.
Former World number one Tiger Woods was tied sixth with a score of four-under 68.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- See pic: Call for further study after discovery of baboon-like creature on Mars!