Atwal tied 52 after Rd 1 of HSBC C`ship
Shanghai : A poor back nine spoilt his card as Arjun Atwal returned a one-over 73 to lie tied 52nd after the opening round of the World Golf Championships-HSBC Champions
here on thursay .
The Orlando-based Indian sank two birdies against three bogeys at the Sheshan International golf course here.
Atwal made a sizzling start with two birdies in his front nine before a bogey pulled him back. But worse was yet to come as on resumption, the Indian dropped two bogeys at the
12th and 17th holes to end the day on a disappointing note.
Atwal had made history by becoming the first Indian to win on the PGA Tour with his one-stroke victory in the Wyndham Championship in August.
At the top, Italian Francesco Molinari fired a seven-under 65 to emerge as the leader, while new world number one Lee Westwood of England follwed him one stroke behind.
Former World number one Tiger Woods was tied sixth with a score of four-under 68.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Cricket series can't happen along with terror attacks: Anurag Thakur warns PCB