Atwal tied 52 after Rd 1 of HSBC C`ship
Shanghai : A poor back nine spoilt his card as Arjun Atwal returned a one-over 73 to lie tied 52nd after the opening round of the World Golf Championships-HSBC Champions
here on thursay .
The Orlando-based Indian sank two birdies against three bogeys at the Sheshan International golf course here.
Atwal made a sizzling start with two birdies in his front nine before a bogey pulled him back. But worse was yet to come as on resumption, the Indian dropped two bogeys at the
12th and 17th holes to end the day on a disappointing note.
Atwal had made history by becoming the first Indian to win on the PGA Tour with his one-stroke victory in the Wyndham Championship in August.
At the top, Italian Francesco Molinari fired a seven-under 65 to emerge as the leader, while new world number one Lee Westwood of England follwed him one stroke behind.
Former World number one Tiger Woods was tied sixth with a score of four-under 68.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah