Atwal tied 52 after Rd 1 of HSBC C`ship
Shanghai : A poor back nine spoilt his card as Arjun Atwal returned a one-over 73 to lie tied 52nd after the opening round of the World Golf Championships-HSBC Champions
here on thursay .
The Orlando-based Indian sank two birdies against three bogeys at the Sheshan International golf course here.
Atwal made a sizzling start with two birdies in his front nine before a bogey pulled him back. But worse was yet to come as on resumption, the Indian dropped two bogeys at the
12th and 17th holes to end the day on a disappointing note.
Atwal had made history by becoming the first Indian to win on the PGA Tour with his one-stroke victory in the Wyndham Championship in August.
At the top, Italian Francesco Molinari fired a seven-under 65 to emerge as the leader, while new world number one Lee Westwood of England follwed him one stroke behind.
Former World number one Tiger Woods was tied sixth with a score of four-under 68.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list