Aurangabad gripped by Dengue, 22 patients found positive
Aurangabad: The district is now gripped by
Dengue after the swine flu. Around 22 persons have been found
positive for Dengue, health official said.
More than 120 patients are hospitalised in various
private hospitals in the city including some in the Government
Medical College and Hospital (GMCH).
During the last two weeks three children died due to
Dengue, sources at the private hospitals told PTI.
Dr Mangala Borkar, head of Medicine, GMCH, confirmed
that 22 patients had been found positive. Blood samples of
patients had been sent to the NIV Pune for blood test.
While private hospital sources said that three
children died during the last two weeks due to Dengue. One of
the deceased identified is Bushra Burhani (7) resident of
Motiwaqla nagar locality. The names of the other two children
who died of Dengue are not declared on the request of their
Health officer Dr Srikrishna Degaonkar said that the
Aurangabad Municipal Corporation (AMC) had received the list
of more than 120 suspected Dengue patients and the
administration is taking steps on war footings to curb the
spread of Dengue.
Meanwhile, 12 officers of the AMC have been assigned
the responsibility for controlling the disease in the city.
The AMC commissioner Dr Purshottam Bhapkar is also monitoring
the situation in the city.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing