Aurangabad gripped by Dengue, 22 patients found positive
Aurangabad: The district is now gripped by
Dengue after the swine flu. Around 22 persons have been found
positive for Dengue, health official said.
More than 120 patients are hospitalised in various
private hospitals in the city including some in the Government
Medical College and Hospital (GMCH).
During the last two weeks three children died due to
Dengue, sources at the private hospitals told PTI.
Dr Mangala Borkar, head of Medicine, GMCH, confirmed
that 22 patients had been found positive. Blood samples of
patients had been sent to the NIV Pune for blood test.
While private hospital sources said that three
children died during the last two weeks due to Dengue. One of
the deceased identified is Bushra Burhani (7) resident of
Motiwaqla nagar locality. The names of the other two children
who died of Dengue are not declared on the request of their
Health officer Dr Srikrishna Degaonkar said that the
Aurangabad Municipal Corporation (AMC) had received the list
of more than 120 suspected Dengue patients and the
administration is taking steps on war footings to curb the
spread of Dengue.
Meanwhile, 12 officers of the AMC have been assigned
the responsibility for controlling the disease in the city.
The AMC commissioner Dr Purshottam Bhapkar is also monitoring
the situation in the city.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog