Aussie TV reporter claims bringing explosives into CWG venue
Melbourne: An Australian TV channel has
claimed that its crew got past security personnel and entered
the Commonwealth Games village with crude explosives bought in
New Delhi a few days ago, raising questions over safety at the
Channel 7 journalist Mike Duffy claimed that he walked
into one of the Games venues with a case of explosive which
could have triggered explosions if fitted with a detonator.
The video footage put up in a website called 3news.co.nz
showed Duffy secretly filming the purchase of the case from
the boot of a car in New Delhi.
The video also showed how Duffy was even given a
demonstration by the vendors.
"If I need to blow up this car, all I need further is a
detonator and explosive," the vendor told Duffy in the video.
Duffy claimed that he was easily able to buy the items,
including ammonium nitrate and explosives used for mining, in
New Delhi, which is scheduled to host the Commonwealth Games
from October 3 to 14.
"We found that without too much trouble one can purchase
these explosives and equipment on the streets of New Delhi. At
the mining areas, they sell it almost alongside groceries," he
said in the news footage in the website.
On Sunday, two Taiwanese nationals were injured when two
motor-cycle borne attackers fired at a bus carrying foreign
tourists outside Jama Masjid, raising fresh concerns about
security in the wake of the Delhi Games.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- CBSE Class X Results 2015 to be announced today?
- Lalu Yadav invites Jitan Ram Manjhi for joint fight against BJP, JD(U) upset
- Littering, defacement to be made punishable offence
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 may not be announced today
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door