Australia Parliamentary Elections: A Snapshot
Country: Commonwealth of Australia
Poll date: August 21, 2010
Number of voters: 14 million Australians are enrolled to vote in the elections. Voting is compulsory for Australians over the age of 18.
Parliament: Bi-cameral, based on Britain`s Westminster system. Parliament has two chambers, the lower House of Representatives and the upper house Senate. The Australian federal election will elect members of the 43rd Parliament.
Compiled by: Kamna Arora
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday