Australia to play Denmark in World Cup warm-up
Sydney: Australia will play Denmark in a warm-up match just prior to the World Cup in South Africa, Football Federation Australia said on Thursday.
The match will be played in Roodepoort, South Africa, on June 1, the FFA said.
The 19th-ranked Socceroos have played the 34th-rated Denmark once before, in 2007, with the Danes winning 3-1 at Loftus Road in London.
Australia are drawn in Group D in South Africa alongside Germany, Serbia and Ghana, while Denmark are in Group E along with the Netherlands, Japan and Cameroon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok