Australia to play Denmark in World Cup warm-up
Sofia: Australia will play a friendly with Denmark on June 1 as part of their World Cup preparations in South Africa.
The match will be played at Ruimsig Stadium in Johannesburg, Football Federation Australia said in a statement late on Thursday.
"Denmark is another World Cup qualified team that also plays a similar style to the opposition we will face in South Africa," Australia coach Pim Verbeek said.
"They are strong, physical and skilful which will benefit our preparation greatly."
The Socceroos, who have been drawn in Group D with Germany, Serbia and Ghana, have played Denmark on only one previous occasion -- a 3-1 defeat in London in 2007.
Denmark are in Group E with Japan, Netherlands and Cameroon.
Australia will play their third and final warm-up with the United States at the same venue on June 5, after taking on New Zealand at the Melbourne Cricket Ground on May 24 in their farewell match before heading to South Africa.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH