Australian Open: Lee-Hesh eye career slam
Melbourne: The ‘Indian Express’- Leander Paes and Mahesh Bhupathi will take on top seed American twins and double defending champions Mike and Bob Bryan in the men`s doubles final on Saturday.
The title clash will be played at the Rod Laver Arena. It is the fourth match on court after the 7.30 am IST start.
Paes and Bhupathi decided to rejoin the forces after nine years to win that elusive Australian Open trophy, at the start of the season.
Lee-Hesh advanced to the final of the grand slam tournament with a comprehensive 7-6, 4-6, 6-3 win over the second seeded combine of Max Mirnyi (Belarus) and Daniel Nestor (Canada) on Thursday.
Paes has won 12 Grand Slam titles and Bhupathi 11 in their respective careers but they have never won Australian Open men`s doubles trophy.
Interestingly, Bhupathi has not won a men`s doubles Grand Slam title since 2002 US Open with Max Mirnyi.
Paes and Bhupathi last played together at a Grand Slam at Australian Open in 2002 when they reached the second round. Paes and Bhupathi had to sweat a lot against Mirnyi and Nestor as both the pairs fought tooth and nail before the Indians prevailed.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Failed to secure confirmed reservation in train? Now you can travel in pantry car!
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane