Autorickshaw fare fixed in Puducherry
Puducherry: The transport department has directed autorickshaws in the Union territory to immediately fix meters with the fare fixed by the department.
Transport Commissioner SD Sundaresan said in a release that the fare should be Rs 20 for the first two km and Rs 10 for every additional one km. This is the common schedule for all four regions of Puducherry, Karaikal, Mahe and Yanam, he said.
He said the department would take stern action if excess fare was collected.
Sundaresan said action would also be taken against unauthorized persons letting out two wheelers to foreign tourists and others visiting Puducherry from other states. The two wheelers on rent are available at bicycle stores.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"
- JNU protest: Kejriwal hits out at PM Modi, says targetting innocents will prove costly to him