Autorickshaw fare fixed in Puducherry
Puducherry: The transport department has directed autorickshaws in the Union territory to immediately fix meters with the fare fixed by the department.
Transport Commissioner SD Sundaresan said in a release that the fare should be Rs 20 for the first two km and Rs 10 for every additional one km. This is the common schedule for all four regions of Puducherry, Karaikal, Mahe and Yanam, he said.
He said the department would take stern action if excess fare was collected.
Sundaresan said action would also be taken against unauthorized persons letting out two wheelers to foreign tourists and others visiting Puducherry from other states. The two wheelers on rent are available at bicycle stores.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days