‘Avatar’ simply leaves you spellbound!
Mumbai: Touted as the big daddy of sci-fi flicks, James Cameron’s ‘Avatar’ has been the talk of town ever since the news of its release hit the stands. The man who helmed Box Office money spinners like ‘Terminator’ and ‘Titanic’, with ‘Avatar’, Cameron once again dishes out the most extravagant sci-fi movie of the decade.
‘Avatar’ simply leaves you awestruck as one gets enchanted by the kind of future predicted in the film. Made on a whopping budget of $300 million, ‘Avatar’ takes 3D movies to the next level with brilliant special effects that are not trite at all. Given the use of state of the art 3D fusion camera system, the special effects in ‘Avatar’ are quite convincing and authentic. For instance, moon Pandora looks splendid with all its exquisite beauty. Starring Zoë Saldana, Sam Worthington, Sigourney Weaver and Michelle Rodriguez in the lead, ‘Avatar’ revolutionises cinema experience.
Basically, ‘Avatar’ is the story of a distant universe, year 2154 where Earth is dying and humans are living in sublime yet dangerous colony called Pandora while looking for Unobtanium (a mineral worth $20 per kilogram) that will eventually save the Earth.
Yet, the largest deposit of Unobtanium is located at the place where Pandora’s blue-skinned humanoids Na’vi reside. With Na’vi’s unrelenting to move, ‘the corporation’ finally decides to win their faith and ask them to leave their native land. However, in order to win over the Na’vi’s, ‘the corporation’ comes out with a novel project where human-Na’vi hybrids or ‘avatar’ are created where human consciousness is linked to a body that bears a striking resemblance to Na’vi. The whole exercise is based on the fact that Na’vi’s will get acquainted with the avatars while the latter convincing them to move out of Pandora.
The team of avatar is headed by Dr Grace Augustine (Sigourney Weaver) and a handicap ex-marine Jake Sully (Sam Worthington), who becomes part of the Na`vi tribe and eventually falls in love with another Na’vi, Neytiri (Zoë Saldana). With the Na`vis refusing to give up their land, Jake Sully sides with the Na’vi’s in the war between human’s and Na’vi’s.
In terms of storyline and plot, deep down, the plight of Na’vi’s civilisation at the hand of human’s echoes the struggle of American Indians before Europeans.
Talking of special effects, ‘Avatar’ boasts of great detailing that simply leaves you enthralled. In totality, ‘Avatar’ is an exhilarating movie, a must watch flick for every sci-fi lover.
Ratings: Four cheers for this one!
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?