‘Avatar’ simply leaves you spellbound!
Mumbai: Touted as the big daddy of sci-fi flicks, James Cameron’s ‘Avatar’ has been the talk of town ever since the news of its release hit the stands. The man who helmed Box Office money spinners like ‘Terminator’ and ‘Titanic’, with ‘Avatar’, Cameron once again dishes out the most extravagant sci-fi movie of the decade.
‘Avatar’ simply leaves you awestruck as one gets enchanted by the kind of future predicted in the film. Made on a whopping budget of $300 million, ‘Avatar’ takes 3D movies to the next level with brilliant special effects that are not trite at all. Given the use of state of the art 3D fusion camera system, the special effects in ‘Avatar’ are quite convincing and authentic. For instance, moon Pandora looks splendid with all its exquisite beauty. Starring Zoë Saldana, Sam Worthington, Sigourney Weaver and Michelle Rodriguez in the lead, ‘Avatar’ revolutionises cinema experience.
Basically, ‘Avatar’ is the story of a distant universe, year 2154 where Earth is dying and humans are living in sublime yet dangerous colony called Pandora while looking for Unobtanium (a mineral worth $20 per kilogram) that will eventually save the Earth.
Yet, the largest deposit of Unobtanium is located at the place where Pandora’s blue-skinned humanoids Na’vi reside. With Na’vi’s unrelenting to move, ‘the corporation’ finally decides to win their faith and ask them to leave their native land. However, in order to win over the Na’vi’s, ‘the corporation’ comes out with a novel project where human-Na’vi hybrids or ‘avatar’ are created where human consciousness is linked to a body that bears a striking resemblance to Na’vi. The whole exercise is based on the fact that Na’vi’s will get acquainted with the avatars while the latter convincing them to move out of Pandora.
The team of avatar is headed by Dr Grace Augustine (Sigourney Weaver) and a handicap ex-marine Jake Sully (Sam Worthington), who becomes part of the Na`vi tribe and eventually falls in love with another Na’vi, Neytiri (Zoë Saldana). With the Na`vis refusing to give up their land, Jake Sully sides with the Na’vi’s in the war between human’s and Na’vi’s.
In terms of storyline and plot, deep down, the plight of Na’vi’s civilisation at the hand of human’s echoes the struggle of American Indians before Europeans.
Talking of special effects, ‘Avatar’ boasts of great detailing that simply leaves you enthralled. In totality, ‘Avatar’ is an exhilarating movie, a must watch flick for every sci-fi lover.
Ratings: Four cheers for this one!
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- Arvind Kejriwal's Aam Aadmi Party changes its logo
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Unidentified flying objects spotted over Mumbai airport not motorised: Home Department
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- Militants kill five, target telecoms in Kashmir attacks
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah