Avocados and eggs good for the health
Washington: Avocados raise good cholesterol levels that boost heart health, say experts.
What’s more, there is no harm in including eggs in a heart patient’s diet, the experts added.
Early Show co-anchor Harry Smith said that avocados can lower bad cholesterol and raise good cholesterol.
And CBS News Medical Correspondent Dr. Jennifer Ashton agreed with the fact.
“Avocados are a good source of fat/cholesterol. They have the unsaturated fats, which are good for us. So therefore they can raise the HDL, the Harry or healthy cholesterol and lowerer the LDL - the lousy cholesterol," CBS News quoted Ashton as saying.
She also said that people who think that eggs should not be allowed on a heart healthy diet are probably wrong.
“This is a big myth. Because people think of they eggs and they think of the omelet with bacon and cheese. Actually, eggs, while high in cholesterol, have about 215 milligrams, well below the 300 milligram limit per day. If you have normal cholesterol, you can go ahead and have one egg a day," explained Ashton.
She further added that even cholesterol-free food could raise cholesterol, saying: “You can`t confuse what`s on the label in terms of cholesterol and fat. And remember that transfats, which can be hidden in a lot of packaged foods, can increase your cholesterol.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter