Ayodhya verdict has created new environment: Gadkari
Mathura (UP): Dismissing the view that
Muslims are unhappy with the Ayodhya verdict, the BJP on Wednesday
said that after several years an environment has been created
where both the communities can start a new chapter.
"The people of the country want Ram temple in Ayodhya.
Ram temple is not a communal issue. Ram is a symbol of vanity
and glory of the country," BJP national president Nitin
Gadkari said at a public meeting in Nagla Chandra Bhan.
He criticised politicians who claim that Muslims are sore
with the Ayodhya jugement.
Claiming that "BJP is neither anti-Muslim nor believes in
caste, religion and language, Gadkari said had it been
anti-Muslim it would not have supported A P J Kalam for the
post of President of India."
"After several years an environment has been created
where both the communities can start a new chapter and live in
a cordial environment," he said on the occasion of birth
anniversary of Deen Dayal Upadhyay, this afternoon.
"Terrorism", Gadkari said "is being glorified. The death
sentence of Afzal Guru is yet to be materialised even after
six years. Millions have not only crossed the border but are
purchasing land. Their act is being overlooked for enhancing
the vote bank," he alleged.
Paying rich tribute to late Deen Dayal Upadhyay, Gadkari
said "his theory of `Ekatma Manavavad` is still relevant and
is the key to development of the country".
He attributed backwardness of the country to "defective"
economic policy and alleged that the picture of rural India
has not changed though several theories have been tried.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured