Azerbaijan coach Vogts stays for two more years
Baku: German Berti Vogts will stay on as Azerbaijan coach for another two years after signing a contract extension, the Azeri soccer federation (ASF) said on Tuesday.
ASF officials said they were satisfied with the work of the former Germany coach, who turns 63 next month, despite Azerbaijan`s disappointing 2010 World Cup qualifying campaign in which they won only one of their 10 Group 4 matches.
Vogts, who coached his native country to the European Championship title in 1996, took the Azeri job in March 2008.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India