Azerbaijan coach Vogts stays for two more years
Baku: German Berti Vogts will stay on as Azerbaijan coach for another two years after signing a contract extension, the Azeri soccer federation (ASF) said on Tuesday.
ASF officials said they were satisfied with the work of the former Germany coach, who turns 63 next month, despite Azerbaijan`s disappointing 2010 World Cup qualifying campaign in which they won only one of their 10 Group 4 matches.
Vogts, who coached his native country to the European Championship title in 1996, took the Azeri job in March 2008.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Democrat Hilary Clinton picks Kaine as vice presidential running mate
- Munich shooter was German-Iranian, motive `unclear`: Police
- Rajnath Singh to arrive in trouble-torn Kashmir on Saturday
- WOAH! Cristiano Ronaldo opens own 'CR7' hotel, gives name to airport
- Usain Bolt eases to victory, Kendra Harrison hurdles to glory