B L Joshi sworn in as 28th Governor of Uttar Pradesh
Lucknow: B L Joshi was on Tuesday sworn in as
the 28th Governor of Uttar Pradesh in a ceremony held at
Gandhi Sabhagar of Raj Bhawan.
Joshi, who arrived here this morning, was administered
the oath of office and secrecy by Chief Justice of Allahabad
High Court Chandramauli Prasad.
Joshi, who is also the Governor of Uttarakhand, replaces
T V Rajeswar, whose term expired on July 7.
He, however, will continue to hold the charge of
Uttarakhand till his successor Margaret Alva takes over.
Chief Minister Mayawati, her cabinet colleagues, Leader
of Opposition Shivpal Yadav, Congress Legislature Party leader
Pramod Tiwari, BJPLP leader Om Prakash Singh along with
senior bureaucrats and police officers attended the
swearing-in ceremony of the new Governor.
Joshi, who graduated from the Scottish Church College,
Calcutta and completed law from the University Law College
started his career as an IPS officer in 1957.
He worked for the Intelligence Bureau in various areas
like the Interpol, Counterfeiting, Narcotics, Industrial
Security, United Nations Correctional Work and Juvenile
He also worked in the PMO with Lal Bahadur Shastri and
later with Indira Gandhi for over four years and served the
Ministry of External Affairs as the First Secretary in the
High Commissions of India at Islamabad and London and as Head
of Chancery in the Embassy of India in Washington.
Joshi also served as the Lieutenant-Governor of Delhi and
Governor of Meghalaya before his appointment as the Governor
of Uttarakhand in August 2007.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack