Baba Ramdev threatens to arm supporters
New Delhi: Throwing a new challenge at the UPA government, yoga guru Baba Ramdev has announced that he would give arms training to 11,000 young men and women - for self-defence - if the government repeats the ‘Ramlila Ground incident’ in future.
Addressing his supporters in Haridwar, the yoga guru, who entered fifth day of his fast on Wednesday, stressed that he does not favour an armed revolution but he would also not allow the repeat of what happened at the Ramilia Ground in the intervening night of June 4-5.
Dedicated young men and women would be imparted both sashtra (Vedic education) and sastra (arms training), the Baba said.
Strongly condemning the government’s brutal crackdown on thousands of his supporters, he retreated that his fight against corruption and blackmoney will continue till his last breath.
In a bid to clear allegations that he had a political motive behind his satyagraha, Baba Ramdev said he does not belong to any political party or endorse any ideology. Arguing that his agitation has received unconditional support from millions of people across, Ramdev said the situation is grave and all want a respite from the cancer of corruption.
Ramdev further said that he has not sought any support from the RSS, but opined that there was no harm if the right-wing organization was supporting him.
The main aim of his agitation was to force the government to bring back thousands of crores of blackmoney stashed abroad in tax heavens in foreign locations, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- VIDEO: Shikhar Dhawan reveals impact of Yuvraj Singh in India dressing room
- Kidnappers treated me well, gave me money to reach home: Snapdeal executive Dipti Sarna's 36-hour ordeal