Baba Ramdev threatens to arm supporters
New Delhi: Throwing a new challenge at the UPA government, yoga guru Baba Ramdev has announced that he would give arms training to 11,000 young men and women - for self-defence - if the government repeats the ‘Ramlila Ground incident’ in future.
Addressing his supporters in Haridwar, the yoga guru, who entered fifth day of his fast on Wednesday, stressed that he does not favour an armed revolution but he would also not allow the repeat of what happened at the Ramilia Ground in the intervening night of June 4-5.
Dedicated young men and women would be imparted both sashtra (Vedic education) and sastra (arms training), the Baba said.
Strongly condemning the government’s brutal crackdown on thousands of his supporters, he retreated that his fight against corruption and blackmoney will continue till his last breath.
In a bid to clear allegations that he had a political motive behind his satyagraha, Baba Ramdev said he does not belong to any political party or endorse any ideology. Arguing that his agitation has received unconditional support from millions of people across, Ramdev said the situation is grave and all want a respite from the cancer of corruption.
Ramdev further said that he has not sought any support from the RSS, but opined that there was no harm if the right-wing organization was supporting him.
The main aim of his agitation was to force the government to bring back thousands of crores of blackmoney stashed abroad in tax heavens in foreign locations, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal