Baba Ramdev threatens to arm supporters
New Delhi: Throwing a new challenge at the UPA government, yoga guru Baba Ramdev has announced that he would give arms training to 11,000 young men and women - for self-defence - if the government repeats the ‘Ramlila Ground incident’ in future.
Addressing his supporters in Haridwar, the yoga guru, who entered fifth day of his fast on Wednesday, stressed that he does not favour an armed revolution but he would also not allow the repeat of what happened at the Ramilia Ground in the intervening night of June 4-5.
Dedicated young men and women would be imparted both sashtra (Vedic education) and sastra (arms training), the Baba said.
Strongly condemning the government’s brutal crackdown on thousands of his supporters, he retreated that his fight against corruption and blackmoney will continue till his last breath.
In a bid to clear allegations that he had a political motive behind his satyagraha, Baba Ramdev said he does not belong to any political party or endorse any ideology. Arguing that his agitation has received unconditional support from millions of people across, Ramdev said the situation is grave and all want a respite from the cancer of corruption.
Ramdev further said that he has not sought any support from the RSS, but opined that there was no harm if the right-wing organization was supporting him.
The main aim of his agitation was to force the government to bring back thousands of crores of blackmoney stashed abroad in tax heavens in foreign locations, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'