Baba Ramdev threatens to arm supporters
New Delhi: Throwing a new challenge at the UPA government, yoga guru Baba Ramdev has announced that he would give arms training to 11,000 young men and women - for self-defence - if the government repeats the ‘Ramlila Ground incident’ in future.
Addressing his supporters in Haridwar, the yoga guru, who entered fifth day of his fast on Wednesday, stressed that he does not favour an armed revolution but he would also not allow the repeat of what happened at the Ramilia Ground in the intervening night of June 4-5.
Dedicated young men and women would be imparted both sashtra (Vedic education) and sastra (arms training), the Baba said.
Strongly condemning the government’s brutal crackdown on thousands of his supporters, he retreated that his fight against corruption and blackmoney will continue till his last breath.
In a bid to clear allegations that he had a political motive behind his satyagraha, Baba Ramdev said he does not belong to any political party or endorse any ideology. Arguing that his agitation has received unconditional support from millions of people across, Ramdev said the situation is grave and all want a respite from the cancer of corruption.
Ramdev further said that he has not sought any support from the RSS, but opined that there was no harm if the right-wing organization was supporting him.
The main aim of his agitation was to force the government to bring back thousands of crores of blackmoney stashed abroad in tax heavens in foreign locations, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Watch: Zee Media mega survey on Modi govt- Part 2
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Heatwave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm