Baba Ramdev threatens to arm supporters
New Delhi: Throwing a new challenge at the UPA government, yoga guru Baba Ramdev has announced that he would give arms training to 11,000 young men and women - for self-defence - if the government repeats the ‘Ramlila Ground incident’ in future.
Addressing his supporters in Haridwar, the yoga guru, who entered fifth day of his fast on Wednesday, stressed that he does not favour an armed revolution but he would also not allow the repeat of what happened at the Ramilia Ground in the intervening night of June 4-5.
Dedicated young men and women would be imparted both sashtra (Vedic education) and sastra (arms training), the Baba said.
Strongly condemning the government’s brutal crackdown on thousands of his supporters, he retreated that his fight against corruption and blackmoney will continue till his last breath.
In a bid to clear allegations that he had a political motive behind his satyagraha, Baba Ramdev said he does not belong to any political party or endorse any ideology. Arguing that his agitation has received unconditional support from millions of people across, Ramdev said the situation is grave and all want a respite from the cancer of corruption.
Ramdev further said that he has not sought any support from the RSS, but opined that there was no harm if the right-wing organization was supporting him.
The main aim of his agitation was to force the government to bring back thousands of crores of blackmoney stashed abroad in tax heavens in foreign locations, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi