Bagging Rooney will enable Manchester City to `win everything`: Tevez
London: Manchester City owner Sheikh Mansour has reportedly consulted Carlos Tevez about whether to sign Manchester United striker Wayne Rooney for the club.
According to the Telegraph, the former United striker told him: "With Wayne we will win everything".
It is believed that Mansour does not want to upset Tevez, who has endured a vulnerable relationship with manager Roberto Mancini, and who may fear that his role in the side will be usurped if Rooney is signed.
City would face strong competition from Chelsea and Real Madrid to sign the 24-year-old when he leaves Manchester United in January.
Rooney has also reportedly told his team-mates that he will consider a move to City.
However, Premier League champions Chelsea believe that United would rather sell Rooney to them, than let him leave for their bitter rivals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read