Bagging Rooney will enable Manchester City to `win everything`: Tevez
London: Manchester City owner Sheikh Mansour has reportedly consulted Carlos Tevez about whether to sign Manchester United striker Wayne Rooney for the club.
According to the Telegraph, the former United striker told him: "With Wayne we will win everything".
It is believed that Mansour does not want to upset Tevez, who has endured a vulnerable relationship with manager Roberto Mancini, and who may fear that his role in the side will be usurped if Rooney is signed.
City would face strong competition from Chelsea and Real Madrid to sign the 24-year-old when he leaves Manchester United in January.
Rooney has also reportedly told his team-mates that he will consider a move to City.
However, Premier League champions Chelsea believe that United would rather sell Rooney to them, than let him leave for their bitter rivals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"
- JNU protest: Kejriwal hits out at PM Modi, says targetting innocents will prove costly to him