Bagging Rooney will enable Manchester City to `win everything`: Tevez
London: Manchester City owner Sheikh Mansour has reportedly consulted Carlos Tevez about whether to sign Manchester United striker Wayne Rooney for the club.
According to the Telegraph, the former United striker told him: "With Wayne we will win everything".
It is believed that Mansour does not want to upset Tevez, who has endured a vulnerable relationship with manager Roberto Mancini, and who may fear that his role in the side will be usurped if Rooney is signed.
City would face strong competition from Chelsea and Real Madrid to sign the 24-year-old when he leaves Manchester United in January.
Rooney has also reportedly told his team-mates that he will consider a move to City.
However, Premier League champions Chelsea believe that United would rather sell Rooney to them, than let him leave for their bitter rivals.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview