Bagging Rooney will enable Manchester City to `win everything`: Tevez
London: Manchester City owner Sheikh Mansour has reportedly consulted Carlos Tevez about whether to sign Manchester United striker Wayne Rooney for the club.
According to the Telegraph, the former United striker told him: "With Wayne we will win everything".
It is believed that Mansour does not want to upset Tevez, who has endured a vulnerable relationship with manager Roberto Mancini, and who may fear that his role in the side will be usurped if Rooney is signed.
City would face strong competition from Chelsea and Real Madrid to sign the 24-year-old when he leaves Manchester United in January.
Rooney has also reportedly told his team-mates that he will consider a move to City.
However, Premier League champions Chelsea believe that United would rather sell Rooney to them, than let him leave for their bitter rivals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- AIB: Polythene ban - Do we care enough?
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown