Bagging Rooney will enable Manchester City to `win everything`: Tevez
London: Manchester City owner Sheikh Mansour has reportedly consulted Carlos Tevez about whether to sign Manchester United striker Wayne Rooney for the club.
According to the Telegraph, the former United striker told him: "With Wayne we will win everything".
It is believed that Mansour does not want to upset Tevez, who has endured a vulnerable relationship with manager Roberto Mancini, and who may fear that his role in the side will be usurped if Rooney is signed.
City would face strong competition from Chelsea and Real Madrid to sign the 24-year-old when he leaves Manchester United in January.
Rooney has also reportedly told his team-mates that he will consider a move to City.
However, Premier League champions Chelsea believe that United would rather sell Rooney to them, than let him leave for their bitter rivals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown