Bail conditions of Abhaya murder case accused relaxed
Kochi: Kerala High Court on Wednesday relaxed the
bail conditions of Sister Sephy, third accused in the
sensational sister Abhaya murder case.
A division bench comprising Justice K Balakrishnan Nair
and Justice C T Ravikumar lifted the two conditions imposed in
the January 1 last bail order that she should report to the
investigating officer as and when directed and not to leave
the place of residence without prior permission of the
The court had earlier relaxed the bail conditions of two
other accused -- Father Thomas Kotoor and Father Jose
The body of Abhaya, an imate of the St Pius Convent at
Kottayam, was found in the well of the convent in March 1992.
CBI arrested Thomas Kotoor, Jose Puthrikayil and Sephy in
connection with the case in November last year.
Meanwhile, hearing a petition filed by former Kottayam SP
K T Michael, challenging Ernakulam Chief Judicial Magistrate`s
order permitting CBI to conduct narco analysis test on him,
the bench said trial court could impose appropriate conditions
necessary for fair trial of the case.
The petition has been posted to Friday for further
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter