Bail plea of Soumya murder accused rejected in car theft case
New Delhi: A Delhi court on Monday dismissed
the bail plea of one of the accused in the murder of TV
journalist Soumya Vishwanathan in a case pertaining to
theft of a car allegedly used in the killing.
Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Kiran Bansal
rejected the bail application of Ajay Sethi saying "it was
devoid of merit".
Sethi, who alongwith other accused Ajay Kumar, Baljeet
S Malik, Ravi Kapoor and Amit Shukla is in jail after their
arrest in March this year, is facing prosecution in car theft
cases, besides for the murder of Soumya and IT executive
Recently, police submitted chargesheets in separate
cases pertaining to theft of two cars allegedly used in the
murders of Soumya and IT executive Ghosh.
Two FIRs were lodged at Vasant Kunj police station
regarding the theft of one Maruti Zen and a Wagon-R car.
The Maruti Zen was allegedly used in the murder of
Ghosh (28) who was killed in the wee hours of March 18
while returning from a call centre.
The Wagon-R car was used in tailing and killing
Vishwanathan, a journalist of Headlines Today, on September
30, 2008 while returning home from office at 3:30 am.
Shadi Lal Jain, a resident of Vasant Kunj, had lodged
a complaint that on April 16 last year, his Maruti Zen car was
stolen, while, another FIR was lodged by Gaurav Singh on
September 19 last year that his Wagon-R car was stolen from
the parking lot near his residence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?