Bail plea of Soumya murder accused rejected in car theft case
New Delhi: A Delhi court on Monday dismissed
the bail plea of one of the accused in the murder of TV
journalist Soumya Vishwanathan in a case pertaining to
theft of a car allegedly used in the killing.
Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Kiran Bansal
rejected the bail application of Ajay Sethi saying "it was
devoid of merit".
Sethi, who alongwith other accused Ajay Kumar, Baljeet
S Malik, Ravi Kapoor and Amit Shukla is in jail after their
arrest in March this year, is facing prosecution in car theft
cases, besides for the murder of Soumya and IT executive
Recently, police submitted chargesheets in separate
cases pertaining to theft of two cars allegedly used in the
murders of Soumya and IT executive Ghosh.
Two FIRs were lodged at Vasant Kunj police station
regarding the theft of one Maruti Zen and a Wagon-R car.
The Maruti Zen was allegedly used in the murder of
Ghosh (28) who was killed in the wee hours of March 18
while returning from a call centre.
The Wagon-R car was used in tailing and killing
Vishwanathan, a journalist of Headlines Today, on September
30, 2008 while returning home from office at 3:30 am.
Shadi Lal Jain, a resident of Vasant Kunj, had lodged
a complaint that on April 16 last year, his Maruti Zen car was
stolen, while, another FIR was lodged by Gaurav Singh on
September 19 last year that his Wagon-R car was stolen from
the parking lot near his residence.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani