Bandh affects normal life in Itanagar
Itanagar: Normal life in the Arunachal
Pradesh state capital was paralysed because of a dawn to dusk
bandh called by All Arunachal Pradesh Students Union (AAPSU).
The AAPSU has been demanding that the state government
make public the CBI report on the murder of former Lok Sabha
member Rajkumar Wangcha in 2007.
While vehicles, except some government ones, were off the
roads, shops, markets, educational institutions, banks and
post offices remained closed.
However, state secretariat sources said the departments
were working with thin attendance. Those who reside within
walkable distance came to office on foot, the sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?
- Govt blocks over 800 porn websites – complete list