Bandh affects normal life in Itanagar
Itanagar: Normal life in the Arunachal
Pradesh state capital was paralysed because of a dawn to dusk
bandh called by All Arunachal Pradesh Students Union (AAPSU).
The AAPSU has been demanding that the state government
make public the CBI report on the murder of former Lok Sabha
member Rajkumar Wangcha in 2007.
While vehicles, except some government ones, were off the
roads, shops, markets, educational institutions, banks and
post offices remained closed.
However, state secretariat sources said the departments
were working with thin attendance. Those who reside within
walkable distance came to office on foot, the sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan chased by a tiger!
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Christian group claims that the world will be 'annihilated' today!