Bandh affects normal life in Itanagar
Itanagar: Normal life in the Arunachal
Pradesh state capital was paralysed because of a dawn to dusk
bandh called by All Arunachal Pradesh Students Union (AAPSU).
The AAPSU has been demanding that the state government
make public the CBI report on the murder of former Lok Sabha
member Rajkumar Wangcha in 2007.
While vehicles, except some government ones, were off the
roads, shops, markets, educational institutions, banks and
post offices remained closed.
However, state secretariat sources said the departments
were working with thin attendance. Those who reside within
walkable distance came to office on foot, the sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism? - Part II
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Salman Khan miffed with Huma Qureshi –Sohail Khan affair reports?